Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Wednesday 13 February 2019

What is a meditation with the three powers?

February 12, 2019

Scripture readings for the day:
Genesis 1:20-2:4a Six Days of Creation and the Sabbath; In the beginning...
Psalm 8 'What are human beings that you are mindful of them?'
Mark 7:1-13 'You abandon the commandment of God and hold to human tradition.'

As I reflected, this came to me;
'God has given you everything, yet you put in place rules for men, for whom everything was created, and to whom also everything has been given.'

In my Mary Day by Day book of meditations, I was struck that in my state of life, as wife, as mother, I ask Mary to obtain all the graces I need, and to help me to cooperate with them faithfully.

The Lord has given me a task, the Go Fund Me project for my son, and I put rules and requirements in place for him in my mind, and I do not do anything because I am anxious.

I am no different than the Pharisees in this Gospel reading of Mark.  Thank you, Lord. I shall move forward now in this. Please help me to be obedient to your will. Amen.

Go Fund Me project for my son Devon:
Help Single Dad Heal From Violent Attack

[50] First Point. The first point will be to bring the memory on (the Scriptures in this case), and then to bring the intellect on the same, discussing it, considering it; and then to move the feelings more with the will (and then to prayer).  (Paraphrased)
Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola.  First Week
[45] It is a meditation with the three powers.

Book: Mary Day by Day
Minute Marian meditations for every day of the year, including a Scriptural passage, a quotation from the saints, and a concluding prayer.  With an introduction by Rev. Charles G. Fehrenbach, C.SS.R.
ISBN 9781937913076

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.