Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Friday 20 July 2012

What is Meditation?

February 3, 2012
"Jesus was filled with fear and great distress."  Mark 14:33
"And a sudden fear came over him and great distress."  Mark 14:33

As I prayed the Sorrowful Mysteries, I saw that Jesus was always under the eyes of God in his suffering.
The Father saw all of his suffering.
'Just as I watched over My Son in his suffering,
so too I watch over you
in your suffering,
and I will lift you up.'

I saw that, as I carried the prayers for (my family member) in my heart, the Lord watched over me.
As she is going through this, the Lord is watching over her.
Thank you Lord.

And then as a confirmation I read and saw this Scripture in a new way:
"Jesus was filled with fear and great distress."  Mark 14:33  (Liturgy of the Hours)

The Father watched over His Son in his distress, just as He watches over me in my distress.

I cried at this and prayed my Rosary with uplifted hands.
Truly I am not alone in my suffering.

Truly God is with us.

'Dieu se fait proche de nous' is the reflection and prayer for the month of February in Prions en église.

Thank you Lord, for this very clear message that You are near.


February 6, 2012
Grace prayed for:  Power to Rejoice in my union with God
Theme:  God Gives Himself to me
Reading: Psalm 145

Again the hymn comes to me, and I stay with it: Gift of Finest Wheat
'You satisfy the hungry heart
With gift of finest wheat
Come give to us, O saving Lord
The bread of life to eat.'

As the words come to me in this refrain, my heart is filled with such love it is almost unbearable, to bring me to tears.

And as I look in my hymnal and sing the words in my heart, I am filled to unbearable with love for the Lord.

And the Lord says to me:
'It is only through My Word and My Body
that you can truly rejoice in
your union with me.
For man alone in the flesh
this is not possible.'


Jesuits in English Canada, Meditation

The Holy Rosary in Sacred Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.