Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Friday 27 July 2012

What is Contemplation?

July 23, 2012


John 6:1-15  The Miracle of the loaves
"He himself knew exactly what he was going to do." John 6:7


This morning as I read the Scripture for Sunday, these words stood out for me:
'He himself knew exactly what he was going to do.'


And this is the Lord: He does know exactly what He is going to do concerning all the concerns I bring before Him.


As He extended His hand and invited me into the Scripture, I saw large fields and a sea of people.


I saw how some were occupied with their families and needs, and so did not seem to be aware of the miracle that was taking place, the multiplication of the loaves, the baskets never emptying - yet Jesus provided for them.


Jesus showed me a mother holding her child to her and looking at the same time at what Jesus was doing, showing me how I should be.


I saw others who were aware that it was not possible for the basket to still be full after feeding so many.


I can be so occupied with my concerns, and not be aware, of how much the Lord is working in my life, and in the lives of those around me.


Help me Lord.
Open my eyes.
Let me see your good work,
that I may praise my Father in heaven.


I feel a Peace and a Joy within me.
Thank You Lord.

Orientations for Spiritual Growth, Gospel Contemplation - a fuller explanation

the WORD among us Daily Mass Reading & Meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.