Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Monday 1 June 2020

What is the First Colloquy to Our Lady?

June 1, 2020  Memorial: Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church
"...the disciple took Mary into his own house."
John 19:25-27

When I read these words, my heart felt a gentle tremor, a quivering, a warm feeling.  What can this mean, "into his own home"?

I can bring Mary with me wherever I am, for my heart is my home.  There Jesus resides, and his mother too.

I can see as I look around my home, signs of this visible reality in my life.  I see statues, icons, rosaries, everywhere in my house where I live with my husband.  These are visible realities of the love of Mary around me.

Yet the most important place is my heart.

I remember nights when I prayed the rosary, for my husband and myself, our grandchildren, our children.  I recall answers...
- a phone call that all was well
- a sense of Mary, walking between me and my grandchild asleep in the next room, the hem of her robe gently moving as she passes by me, where I sit praying my rosary
- the touch of her hand on my breastbone and her quiet word in my heart as she brings me to Jesus, and to the Heavenly Father, for the healing of a hurt memory.

She dwells with me, my Heavenly Mother, in my home, in my heart; wherever I go, she also is with me, praying for me, ministering to me, helping me.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.  Amen.

I take Mary into my own home too.
The home of my heart.
In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Thank you Blessed Mother, for these signs of your very real presence in my life.
Thank you for your prayers.
Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the gift of your Mother.  Amen.
Thank you for your Love and your Grace.  Amen.


[147] First Colloquy: One colloquy to Our Lady, that she may get me grace from her Son and Lord that I may be received under his standard; and first in the highest spiritual poverty, and - if his Divine Majesty would be served and would want to choose and receive me - not less in actual poverty; second, in suffering contumely and injuries, to imitate him more in them, if only I can suffer them without the sin of any person, or displeasure of his Divine majesty; and with that a Hail Mary.
DRAW ME INTO YOUR FRIENDSHIP, The Spiritual Exercises
A LITERATE TRANSLATION & A CONTEMPORARY READING

The Constitutions of the Society of Jesus and Their Complementary Norms
THE CARE AND WELFARE OF THE SCHOLASTICS IN THE COLLEGES
[345] C. 1 In regard to the recitation of the rosary, they should be instructed how to think or meditate about the mysteries which it contains, so that they may carry out this exercise with greater attention and devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.