Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Tuesday 28 July 2020

What is "C. Review" in the Fifth Addition of the Spiritual Exercises?

July 28, 2020
'Jesus left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples approached him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field."  He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man...the good seed are the children of the kingdom...the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."  '
Matthew 13:36-43 (the parable of the weeds of the field)

Write these words, my child.
I am ever near.
There is nowhere you can go that I am not right there beside you.  I have shown you the way. Never fear.
My life is yours. I am in you and with you, and I go before you to prepare the way.

Trust in me at all times.  This too will pass.  (the virus).  Do not forget, but remember: I am ever near.  I am always beside you to guide you, and to lead you home.

There are many who suffer, they do not know my Presence, my Love, my Concern for them.  The time is right.  Speak and you will be heard.  Shout from the rooftops what you know in your heart.

The Lord is near, and he will never abandon you or forsake you.

Be at rest, and trust in my love. For I have given my all for you, you who are called by my Name.
Never fear.
Be of good cheer.
The Lord is near.

Amen.  Alleluia.  Amen.
***
Such peace in my prayers today.
The Gospel reading spoke to my heart, through the reflection in my French missalette, Prions en église.  Jesus has blessed us in that he explains the parable of the weeds of the field, revealed to us today what he meant so many years ago. And the focus for me was blessed by the words of the meditation in French:
MEDITATION, drawn from Prions en église, English translation...
(Matthew 13:36-43)  Concerning the parable of the weeds in the field, I understand at least one thing:  the good seed is sown in me thanks to Christ.  The Holy Spirit then acts in me so that this grain germinates and produces fruits of hope to nourish my life.

I felt led to continue my reflections and meditations for this month using a book by Margaret Silf entitled, LANDSCAPES OF Prayer, FINDING GOD IN YOUR WORLD AND YOUR LIFE.

This meditation was entitled MOUNTAIN.
The author took me on a journey to the Queensland peaks of Australia. I am not a traveler, very happy to spend my vacations at home with my like-minded husband, Jack.  But I felt I was there through the images in this book and her descriptions of the beauty and changes of different mountain peaks, the extreme heat, the cold, the sudden, and at times fearsome, unexpectedness of nature and weather.

Then she spoke of the inner mountains we visit.  This I understood.  We did travel to New Hampshire and the mountains there.  Having experienced a herniated disk, I stayed behind at the condo, while my husband, with great joy, climbed with family members.

But I remembered the mountains I climbed in prayer there, as being even higher.

I also recalled this morning my mountaintop experiences, many that brought me healing, filling me with warmth and light so bright, I thought I should open my eyes physically and see it.

I remembered moments, in groups, or alone, when the Presence of God was palpable, sweet and heavy, enveloping me as with the softness and gentleness of giant cotton balls.

Jesus in the parable, speaks of the reality of the Kingdom.
Jesus in my experiences, has given me a taste of heaven.

This pandemic has us isolated, but we are never alone. His sweet Presence and Love is always near.  I have nothing to fear.  I can trust this God with my family, with my friends, with my life.

I know where I am going, for he goes before me to prepare the way.

This has been a morning prayer full of life, promise, hope, and trust.

Thanks be to God.
Amen.

Such Peace and Assurance within. Hope.  Hope is here.

Book: Landscapes of Prayer, Finding God in Your World and Your Life
by Margaret Silf

[77]  Fifth Addition C. The Review 
1. After a formal prayer period is finished, I should review what happened during the past hour - not so much what ideas did I have, but more the movements of consolation, desolation, fear, anxiety, boredom, and so on...
2. I should spend about fifteen minutes in such a review. I may find it helpful to jot down the various reflections that strike me so that I can more easily discuss with my director what has been my progress from prayer period to prayer period...
DRAW ME INTO YOUR FRIENDSHIP
The Spiritual Exercises, A literal Translation & A Contemporary Reading
by David L. Fleming, S.J.
First Week, The Contemporary Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.