Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Saturday 1 May 2021

What is the Suscipe [234] ?

May 1, 2021
Living With Christ, Readings for the day:
Acts 13:44-52; Psalm 98; John 14:7-14
Gospel Acclamation:
If you stay in my word, you will indeed be my disciples, and you will know the truth, says the Lord.
John 8

Excerpt from my spiritual journal this day.

 “These words I speak to you today, are words of Love and Grace, keep them in your heart.  A time is coming when you will know my Glory, for now keep these things of Glory and Grace in your heart, and stand firm in your faith.  The knowledge of God comes to all, it does not stand still.  So too you, do not stand still. Trust in my Love. Trust in my Grace.  The Lord is near.  As it is written, only in the Lord be at rest, O my soul, for from him comes thy salvation.  Trust in me my child, and stand firm; my words do not fall to the ground.  You will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Do not be afraid, trust in me, be of good cheer. The Lord is near.
Never have I seen a heart so set towards me.  Do not listen to the voice of the evil one.  I am well pleased with you, my child. Trust in me.  Trust in my Love and my Grace.  The Lord is near and will never fail you or abandon you, else I abandon and fail myself.
Trust in me my child and I will make your righteousness shine like the noonday sun. Trust in me my child. Trust in my Love and my Grace, and keep these things close to your heart.  I am in you and you are in me. Trust in me my child. Trust in me.
Amen.”

As I read the Scriptures, I was filled with Love and Grace.  The Lord is near.  I know the Father because I know the Son. I thought of loved ones and the concerns I have for them.  Yet now I see that I lived similar things when I was young.  Prayer for Healing of the Family Tree comes to me.  Thank you, Lord.

I felt the consolation of the Lord as I sat reflecting on all I had read in the readings today, and then the Lord spoke to my heart, and I took my pen and wrote.

Your Love and your Grace
are enough for me.

This worship song is in my heart now, based on the words of St. Ignatius.  Thank you, Lord God, Heavenly Father, in Jesus' Holy Name.  Amen.

Come Holy Spirit into the hearts of my children and grandchildren.  Come Holy Spirit Come.
In Jesus' Holy Name. Amen.

Your Love and Your Grace
are enough for me.

Take Lord Receive.
This hymn is from the Suscipe (Traditional) by Saint Ignatius of Loyola.
Thank you, Lord, for this morning of prayer, love, grace, consolation.
Amen
 
[234] TAKE AND RECEIVE
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my entire will – all that I have and call my own.  You have given it all to me. To you, Lord, I return it.  Everything is yours; do with it what you will.  Give me only your love and your grace. That is enough for me.
 
 Source:
 DRAW ME INTO YOUR FRIENDSHIP
The SPIRITUAL EXERCISES, a Literal Translation & a Contemporary Reading
David L. Fleming, S.J.
The Institute of Jesuit Sources, Saint Louis, Missouri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.