Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Monday 2 September 2013

What is spiritual journaling?

(I have not blogged for a while...my spiritual journaling, however, continues without cease.  Here is today's entry from my spiritual journal of August 15th, 2013...)

August 15, 2013  The Assumption of Our Lady

A very difficult situation for one of our children.  Yet there is nothing I can do.  Can I rescue them?  Can I save them?  Only the Lord can help.

He is an adult.  He must make his own decisions.  I pray asking the Lord to bless him with Wisdom.  And me too.  To help me to see this through His eyes, through the eyes of Jesus Christ.

It is not easy. It is very hard.  And I feel that my heart is breaking.  This is how it was with Mary.  'And a sword will pierce your heart.' (Luke 2:35b)

I must be like her, and treasure all these things in my heart.

She was told that a sword would pierce her heart.  Many swords, seven, pierced her heart.

It is this way for all mothers.

And Mary shows us the way.

She treasured all these things in her heart.  So must I.  Even as I pray for my children, I must treasure these things in my heart.

It will be the same for them, for my children.

I pray three Hail Mary's...and the Gloria.

And a Peace settles over me.

Thanks be to God!

'The Lord has done great things for me.  Holy is his name.' Luke 4:39-56

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Review Prayer by Keeping a Journal

Novena of the Three Hail Marys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.