Chaplet of Saint Ignatius

Chaplet of Saint Ignatius
If you knew the treasure of God, in sitting in silence with His Word, you would never speak again...received in prayer on January 25, 2012

Monday 2 September 2013

How do I act in times of spiritual consolation? Rule 10 [323]

Journal entry of...August 16, 2013

A battle again to Peace.  How did the night pass for my son and his baby?  Were they safe?  I struggled for Peace, for Trust in God.  This is the treasure I have learned that I must store up in heaven, a treasure that will not fail:  Trust in God.

As I struggled, this worship song came to me,
"If the Lord God is for us,
who can be against,
the people the Lord has called his own."

I kept hearing the verse, If God is for us, who can be against us?
My heart lifted and I felt such Peace and Joy, not of this earth but of heaven, of the Lord Himself.  I stayed in this quiet, in this Peace and Joy that lifted me up.  I knew in my heart that to stay there, with the Lord, to abandon myself to His touch, would be a blessing for me, a healing, a strengthening, a gifting in some way for future trials.

"With God on our side who can be against us?"  Romans 8:31
I wrote in my journal, and in my Bible, under today's date, that these things had come to me...my fear and anxiety for my son and the baby were overwhelming me.  The battle to find Peace was hard.  And the Lord touched me with this song.  Thank you Lord Jesus.
Thank you Lord God.

...as I continue my morning of prayer...
Liturgy of the Hours.
Prayer to Saint Stephen, that he pray for our family; as King of Hungary in the year 1000, "he was just, peaceful, pious, exactly observing the laws of the Church, and ever seeking the welfare of his people.  He founded many dioceses and spent great energy in fostering the work of the Church."
August 16, Stephen of Hungary.

Then I read, prayed on page 1452, in the Responsary:
'In the depths of his heart, the law of God is his guide.
- In the depths of his heart, the law of God is his guide.
He will never lose his way.
- The law of God is his guide.'

Thank you Lord for this assurance
a struggle to find Peace these last two days.
St. Stephen of Hungary, pray for us!
Thank you Lord Jesus.  Amen.

Ignatian Rules for Discernment [313- 327]
Rules for perceiving and knowing in some manner the different movements which are caused in the soul, the good, to receive them, and the bad to reject them.
[323] Tenth Rule.  The tenth: let him who is in consolation think how he will be in desolation which will come after, taking new strength for then.

Tenth Rule of Discernment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.